Saturday, September 25, 2010

And I think to myself

...What a wonderful world...

Okay, maybe not a wonderful world necessarily, but definitely a wonderful day. We got up this morning and I made a hasty decision---it’s our last fall in Indiana, so we are making the best of it. In 25 minutes I had the kids and myself ready (coffee included) and we headed out to the parade for the Heritage Festival.

The parade started at 10, we got there around 10:15 which wasn’t bad because we went to the end of the parade and got to see everything. Once we got there, I realized I forgot bags for the candy. The kids were wearing hoodies and decided that the pockets would work for their candy---and they did for about 10 minutes. After their pockets were full they started shoving candy in their hoods. Thankfully, a man came by with some plastic bags and the kids were able to empty their pockets and hoods into the bags. :)

I am such an emotional fool lately and today was no different. The parade started with a bunch of motorcyclists. They had their flags flying high and the lead guy had Lee Greenwood’s “God Bless the USA” playing. Being the military brat that I am, that song ALWAYS gets to me. ALWAYS. It didn’t help that right after the motorcyclists, the WWII Veterans came through. For the next 10 minutes I cried. It was a combination of the song, the Vets, and knowing this was our last Fall here.

This has been our home for 6 years. We have grown as a family so much in these six years and I really do love it here. I do. I love the quaintness. I love how close everything is to us. I love living in the country and feeling an incredible safeness. I love our church. I love our friends. And I’m going to miss this terribly. As our house is nearing completion, the reality is really setting in...my husband has not been on a prolonged business trip. We are moving. I am elated that we are going to be back with our family, but I’m devastated because we are leaving our life here. :(

In making the best of today, I spent the day out with the kids. We went to the heritage festival and they had a blast. I too had a blast because I got to hang out with my girlfriend, Dani, and watch our kids play together. I had a blast watching the kids play with the animals and get excited to go play at the park. I had a blast going to Target and watching this woman’s face turn in somewhat disgust as she commented (rather sarcastically) to me, “Don’t you think you need another boy?” I was getting slushies for all the kids and they were waiting for their cups. I laughed and then said, “Oh, those kids. It’s not that big of a deal, they aren’t all mine. Only five of them are mine.” There were only 6 kids waiting. :D :D Yes, I have five kids. I love them and they are mine. AND I will claim them as mine---well most days I will.

I’ll close today with something that was very encouraging to me. J.T. was trying my patience tonight and I was ready to lose it. Today, I got in the mail my book God’s Promises For Women of Faith. I’m already enjoying it and gaining “wisdom” from it. I turned to the part titled, “God walks with women through impatience.” There were 8 verses that were given. They all spoke directly to my heart. Exodus 33:14 “He said, ‘My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.’” Then Isaiah 40:31 “Those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.”

Immediately, I stopped and prayed. I have not been waiting on the Lord. My strength has not been renewed and I am very weary. BUT the Lord is so good. He loves me so much to convict me when I stray. I love His gentle leading back to Him. Lord Father, please forgive me for not looking to You. I will wait on You.

No comments: