Sunday, September 19, 2010

A Daddy and his boys


These four men (3 little ones) have my heart in the palms of their hands. With one word they can lift me up and encourage me and with another word, they can crush my heart like a cheerio on the kitchen floor. These little men are learning from their daddy how to treat women and how to be a Godly husband. I couldn’t have asked for anything better than Brad.

He is an amazing Godly husband and father. He may joke with our boys and drive me up a wall, but he showers them with love and affection. He is their favorite person. Their eyes light up and their attitudes change when they know Daddy is coming home. They don’t just love him, but they truly adore him. And, they truly miss him. Today Bubba was reading a book and Prince Charming was resting in our bed. J.T. came in and sat next to Prince Charming. My heart broke as I heard my little boy talking to his daddy. He says, “Daddy, I just want to help do something on the house so we can all be together again....Do you want me to clean up the living room? I just want to help so we can be together.” He misses his Daddy so much and at this point he is willing to do whatever he has to so that we can be together.

J.T. was his shadow as they worked yesterday and today. He and Bubba got to go and pick up the trailer with Daddy and they ate it up! It didn’t matter that they would be in the truck riding around for several hours, they were thrilled to be with their Daddy. This morning, I asked Boo if he wanted to go to church or stay home with Daddy. Without skipping a beat he says, “I want to stay with Daddy.” That’s huge because this boy LOVES church! His little heart though misses Daddy and he knew that Daddy had to go back to VA today. :(

I am so thankful for the relationship that Prince Charming shares with his boys. He didn’t have a very good father relationship growing up, but looking at how he is with our kids you would never know that. He rocks. The kids think so too. There is nothing that Daddy cannot do and nothing that Daddy would not do for his kids. He is my Prince Charming and I love him. :D

No comments: