Wednesday, February 14, 2007

....Love....

I Corinthians 13

1 If I speak the tongues of men and angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.  2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.  3 If I give all I posses to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

 

4 Love is patient, love is kind.  It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  5 It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

 

8 Love never fails.  But where there are prophecies, they will never cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.  9 For we know in part and we prophecy in part, 10 but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears.  11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child.  When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me.  12 Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face.  Now I know in part; then shall I fully, even as I am fully known.

 

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love.  But the greatest of these is love.

 

 

And the greatest Love is that of Christ Jesus.  He came and lived a sinless life and died on the cross for me.  For all the wretched things that I have done---He died for that.  He could have called ten thousand angels to take Him up to heaven, but He didn’t.  He chose to die so that I could spend eternity in Heaven with Him.

 

John 3:16 says, “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.”

 

Every time I think of that I stand awed by my God’s love for me.  I can’t imagine having one of my children die to save some wretched people.  What an amazing and awesome God.  It is my desire to walk daily with Him.  I want to lead a life that tells others that I have Jesus.  What a waste of my testimony if others around can’t tell that there is something different about me.  My God is good and He is good ALL THE TIME. 

 

I hope today that you reflect on the love that Jesus has for you.  And that you can share His love with others.  What an awesome thing to do on Valentine’s Day---share with someone the love that can save their life.  Happy Valentine’s Day. 

 

No comments: