Thursday, February 15, 2007

I am blessed..

Those are the words that were flowing through my mind as I saw the mess that my 3 year old, Justin, and 18 month old, Benjamin, had made. Now I know the main culprit was the Justin but I have to think about all the bad habits that he is teaching Benjamin.

Housework is highly overrated. It seems as though Justin knows exactly when I’m immersed in something and just not paying attention and that is when he strikes. This latest fiasco occurred in the kitchen. I was putting a couple loads of laundry away and I guess Justin decided that he wanted a drink. What kind of a drink he was going for is still a mystery to me. His “drink” involved a dozen eggs (yes, a dozen eggs), milk (thankfully there was only less than a cup left in the milk jug), and Hershey’s Syrup. MMMMM….sounds so yummy! Oh let’s not forget the eggs and syrup on the floor.


On the counter was my new book by Connie Cavanaugh “From Faking it to Finding Grace”. Well the book found itself stuck in this miry mess. And for once my oldest son was doing what he had been told to do and was completely oblivious to what was going on in the other room. Gabe missed his bus this morning so is at home doing worksheets for the day.

Another fun day in the Smith household….in case you’re wondering, I’m able to write this because my trouble maker is laying in my bed right behind me almost passed out. The little booger…leaves destruction in his path and passes out.

No comments: