Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Captured by Grace Devotionals Day 21

 

"I Still Believe"

 

All things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Romans 8:28

 

 

As a student in California, Jeremy Camp traveled around, plucking on his guitar and leading worship.  One day he met a woman who was deeply in love with the Lord.  Jeremy and Melissa dated, but Melissa soon called off the relationship to focus exclusively on her bond with Jesus.  Shortly afterward Jeremy heard that Melissa had contracted cancer.

 

That's when their romance re-blossomed.  "God," Jeremy prayed, "if You want me to marry Melissa, knowing she could die from this cancer, then I will."  Jeremy and Melissa were married, but a few months later she passed away.

 

"Watching Melissa go to heaven made me realize what's important," Jeremy later said.  "Music is not my life.  Christ is my life . . . .As a result of what I've been through, I express even more the goodness of God and how faithful He is."

 

We're like children with a thousand puzzle pieces, but our heavenly Father has the top of the box, and He sees the total picture.  No matter what we go through, He is good and faithful; and all things work together for good to those who love Him.

 

 

I still believe in Your faithfulness . . . I still believe in Your Holy Word, even when I don't see, I still believe.

Jeremy Camp, in the first song he wrote after Melissa's death.

 

Recommended Reading: Romans 8:28-30

 

No comments: