Sunday, November 04, 2007

Dial-up Stinks

I know I haven't posted in a week, but in my defense it's frustrating trying to post when you can't connect at anything over 24.0Kbps. And for all you who don't know...24.0Kbps is SSSSLLLOOOOWWWWW. So, that's the reason for not posting. BUT, that's not to say that the Smith Household has not been bustling lately! Here's last week at a glance (I'll try to remember it)

Monday I had to drive the kids to school then take Brad his glasses at work. On my way home a friend of mine needed some help with a Lottie Moon computer thing so I picked her up, we got coffee and then headed to my house to work on it. Dani and I got the slideshow done just in time for me to take her home, pick up Lily and get her to school. Then it was back home to battle the boys for naps. I *finally* got them to sleep and had a little over an hour to try and get some stuff done before Tweedle Dee, Tweedle Dum, and Tweedle Weedle came home from school (aka Haeley, Jasmine, and Gabe). It was a busy day as usual.

Tuesday came and I don't remember too much of Tuesday except for my phone call from the school nurse. Gabe was running on the playground and ran into another kid and Gabe fell backwards and smacked his head on the cement. This was about 40 minutes before dismissal and the nurse was not comfortable sending him home on the bus because when he was brought in from the playground the teacher said that he was all over the hallway and not walking straight. SO, Ms. Barbara came down to watch the boys since they were sleeping and I went to pick up Gabe and the girls. The poor little guy had a HUGE goose egg on his head and a black eye (compliments of teasing his brother the night before). I got him home, kept an eye on him and then called our pediatrician because my mom felt very strongly that he needed to go into the ER or Urgent Care. I thought he was fine, but knew that my mom wouldn't be satisfied unless the doctor said he was okay. And as it turns out, Dr. Hensley told me what to watch for and he is fine. BUT, that night he was horsing around with Jasmine and she smacked her head into his already black eye and made it swell up all over again. Poor kid.

Wednesday a friend of mine watched the boys for the morning and I got to go get a cup of coffee and relax a little bit before I had to go get them. I did get to go to the school and watch Jasmine and Haeley's class do the egg drop. Jasmine's was by far the best one! That night we had church and then we went to the store and Brad bought me a new digital camera!!!!! My old one had been acting up for some time and I was getting more and more frustrated with it. I now have the Canon Powershot A720 IS. And I LOVE IT! It is fabulous. Wonderful....

Thursday was spent at home trying to get things situated. I made a yummy pot roast for dinner and my friend Corrie came over. We fed the kids and then waited for Brad to get home before we ate. I did make a very important discovery that day. A 2 1/2 pound roast is not enough for the Smith family anymore. It was a nice night. We watched Invincible and had some good conversation that night...then Friday I took 5 bags of junk to Goodwill. =) Yay for me!

Saturday Brad was at the junk yard getting an engine for his '71 Mercury Comet and I decided to take the boys to get their hair cut. What an adventure that was! Benjamin and Justin's hair came out looking great, but Gabe's "stylist" (I use that term loosely) used the clippers on his WHOLE HEAD!!!!! It is starting to grow on me, but I don't think we will EVER have it like this again!!!! Oh, there's a picture on here of Benjamin asleep in his Lightning McQueen chair. He fell asleep in hs chair watching Curious George...that's a man for ya. =)

Well, that's all for now...enjoy the pictures and let me know what you think of Gabe's hair (or lack of it). =)

1 comment:

jenn schreck said...

i love these kids... seriously... they are amazing.