Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Emma

Last Wednesday our family was blessed with an addition. Emma. She is a Golden Retriever and German Shepherd mix. She is a wonderful dog! She's a little over a year old and crate trained! And potty trained! WHOO HOO! She's amazing and gentle with the kids. Benjamin keeps wanting to ride her and just this evening he tried getting on her from the couch. The kids didn't know that we were getting a dog. We told them that we were visiting a couple because they had just had a baby...When we got to the couple's house we were able to see the kids interacting with the dog and they had a blast! Brad and I gave the "nod" to each other and he closed the deal while I got the kids in the truck. After church I took the kids home and told them that Brad had to go to the "store". They were in complete disbelief when Brad walked through the front door with Emma. They could not believe that she was our dog. Jasmine gave Brad and I hugs all night thanking us for Emma. Jasmine has wanted a dog for so long this was a bit of a dream come true for her. I'm so glad that we were able to make it happen.

Originally we had thought about giving the dog to Jasmine for her birthday, but after careful thought we decided against it. I told Brad that I could just hear the fights and arguments...."Don't touch her, she's my dog.......We don't have to clean up her mess, she's Jasmine's dog....I want my own animal too...." There would be too many complications. And as it has turned out, Emma seems to be my dog. She follows me everywhere. She's a great guard dog and I feel safer having her in the house. She is such a sweet thing! And yes, I'll give you some pictures of her too!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWWWW... SHE LOOKS LOVELY...

THANK YOU FOR BUYING HER FOR JASMINE. :)

XOXO:
AUNTBOB

Anonymous said...

Look at her...what a cutie!!! I bet Lucca would like to play with her! :-)

Summer