Wednesday, April 08, 2009

The little things in life

It's definitely the little things in life that make me smile. Yesterday I went to buy the girls mattresses but the store was crazy and would only take credit cards and checks, not cash---and I only had cash. (Benjamin just brought me a tube of his toothpaste...) I went to another store and wasn't impressed there so I ran across the street to Lowe's. I was picking up an organizer for on top of the fridge and I checked out the clearance aisle and found a bistro table and 2 chairs sitting there. It was marked down to 200 bucks, but I talked them down to 170. :D So sitting up on the deck off mine and Brad's room is our nice little bistro set (and he doesn't know yet). He's on a business trip and due home this evening. I hope to be able and surprise him with it. It's 53 out right now and I know that it will be chilly by the time he gets home, but maybe I can have some cups of hot chocolate waiting us.

I'm sitting on the deck right now and Benjamin is with me. He brought me a present too! He was so proud of himself. He came running out on to the porch with my makeup bag. He said, "It has all that you likes!! Open it!" He's so funny. He and I were laughing at Emma because she was chasing a bag out in the yard. The little things...Let's see, the things to make me smile today:

Serenity (in case you didn't know, that's my Espresso Machine)
Haeley is so proud of her sunflower seeds that she has planted. All together I think we have 40 some sunflower sprouts.
Listening to Benjamin sing his "ABCs"---he's actually gotten better at them too!
Getting to see Justin wanting to learn and watching him try and make better choices. He's really trying to control his temper and not lash out. I'm trying to teach him that even when other kids push his buttons he has to control himself.
I love listening to Gabe and Justin beg Jasmine to draw things for them. As far as they are concerned she is the best artist that there is. (And she's pretty good if I do say so myself!)
Having a husband that loves me beyond what I deserve. He really is such an amazing man. He works so hard to provide and take care of us. I don't know what I did right to get him.
Seeing Spring start to bud--I love it! My lilies are taking over and I can't wait to see them bloom. It's gonna be so pretty!

Okay, signing off---gotta get some stuff done.


No comments: