Thursday, April 02, 2009

Trials...

The book of James has been one of my favorite books for years. Since I heard Ginny Owens song "If you want me to" verses 2-4 have meant a lot. But then I started reading on and the whole book is full of wisdom and comfort for me. There are times when we face trials and we don't know why, but I know that if I cling to the truths that are in the Word that I will be able to push through.

James 1:2-8
2. Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, 3. knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. 4. And let endurance have [its] perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. 5. But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all men generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him. 6. But let him ask in faith without any doubting, for the one who doubts is like the surf of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. 7. For let not that man expect that he will receive anything from the Lord, 8. [being] a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.


Another passage that I have loved for years is Proverbs 3:5-6. What an encouragement to read, "
5. Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And do not lean on your own understanding. 6. In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight." I will freely admit that I do not always trust in the Lord. I put my trust in circumstances and people. All things that can and will let me down. If I place my trust in MY Lord, what a peace and comfort that will bring. It is my desire to serve the Lord more each day and to place my trust with Him. I love you Lord.

No comments: