Friday, September 30, 2011

Happy 9th Anniversary

It's that time of year again. The time I get to be all sappy and tell about how much I love my husband. :) Sometimes I still can't believe that we have actually been married for 9 years. I know I've said it before, but Brad is such a tremendous blessing to me. Even though my initial plans for the night were changed around Brad and I still managed to have a good evening. I made dinner for he and I and we ate it in somewhat of the candlelight. :) After we got the kiddos to bed we went out for some time in the hot tub. The mosquitos were AWFUL and I spent most of my time trying to hide from them. We had a nice 2-3 minute downpour and that helped cool the evening off some. More than anything, I truly enjoyed spending time with my man. I love the time we get to spend together and the wife that I have grown into over the past 9 years. Nine years ago I remember being so excited to finally be Mrs. Smith! I remember the first couple days feeling so nervous and anxious. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to be the wife and mother that I had just pledged to be. Here we are 9 years later and somedays I'm still not sure if I will be able to be that wife and mother---but I'm trying my best and having fun with it all the same. I am incredibly blessed with my life. It's been 9 years and I can't wait to see what the next 9 and more bring! Like I told Brad, having him by my side is all I'll need.

No comments: