Friday, March 09, 2007

Teena Fleeger

Teena Fleeger died yesterday afternoon. She had a battle with cancer and she died. At least that’s what I’ve been told. But I don’t believe it. I feel like I’m going to pick up the phone and call her and she is going to answer and we will talk like we always do. It hurts. I don’t want to believe it. Teena is the closest person to me that has died. I can’t believe she is gone. She was always so full of life and optimism. For her to be gone doesn’t seem right. I just talked to her on Sunday and she was ‘fine’. She wasn’t going to die. They said that on Monday or maybe it was Tuesday…I don’t remember…but she took a turn for the worse. I’m so mad with myself because I didn’t make it a point to see her when I was back in VA for Ronda’s wedding. Why didn’t I see her? I’m so mad!!!! I knew she was sick, but she wasn’t supposed to die. Teena was like a second mom to me. She was great. I know that she is in Glory. I know that she is singing praises to Jesus. But why did she have to go so soon? I don’t understand. I don’t understand why she had to get cancer. I was going to go and see her over spring break. Now I guess I will have to go to the grave site. I can’t write anymore right now---I'm blubbering again.

1 comment:

Shaula said...

I had no idea you and Teena were so close. I am sorry that you have lost such a good friend.