Tuesday, May 01, 2007

It's been awhile...

So I know...It's been quite awhile since I have sat down and blogged. So here we go...

As I'm sitting here typing this I am listening to the beautiful sounds of sibling rivalry. Haeley and Jasmine are at that age where all they do is fight....and they fight over EVERYTHING! It gets to be very annoying. The joys of sisterhood.

The past couple days have been pretty eventful. Thursday we discovered a tick on Jasmine's head. I don't know how long it had been there, but it was pretty big. Thankfully, after my research I found out that it was not a deer tick (they carry Lyme disease) but it appeared to be a dog tick. On Friday, we discovered some bumps on her head. We called our pediatrician and she told us to keep an eye on the bumps and let her know if they get bigger or if she gets fever. Brad and I kept a close eye on them and Monday morning took us to the doctor. Jasmine had/has a skin infection from the tick bite...Poor girl. She is on antibiotic twice a day for the next ten days. whoo hoo.

Haeley has pretty much decided that listening is over-rated since she knows everything. And I suppose that is why she chose to climb on a pile of split logs and try to balance herself. Unfortunately for her, the balancing didn't work out so well and her back got to meet the nice rusty fence behind the log pile. She has quite a few nice scratches and cuts on her back, but it is all healing well and there appears to be no infection...lucky girl this time. She is also is up to date on her Tetanus shot so we didn't have to get a booster or anything.

Saturday Justin started riding a two wheeler with training wheels. He is doing remarkably well. I am very proud of him. But as I told Brad, we shouldn't be surprised. He caught on to skiing back in Feburary so well that the bike should be like a piece of cake to him. This child's determination is mind boggling. I give him to the end of the summer to be riding without the training wheels.

Gabriel is Gabriel. He gets to serve his third or fourth after school detention for the year today. I cannot wait for this school year to be over. We have had problems left and right with his teacher. I'm not saying that he has been completely innocent in everything this year, but a lot of the blame lies squarely on her shoulders. We have exactly one month left till the last day of school---and it can't come quick enough!!!! Last night Gabe lost another tooth. He came to me and said, "Mommy, LOOK! Do you see my tooth...look what I can do to it." He was pushing it all the way down with his tongue. I said, "I can't see it too well, give me that washcloth." So he gives me the washcloth and I wiped the blood off his lip and around the tooth. He says, "Can you see it now?" I said, "Not quite...hang on a sec...." Yank! "Now I can see it!" It took a minute for it to register with him that I had just yanked his tooth out. He was thrilled....and I just realized that the tooth fairy forgot to visit last night. Oops...

Benjamin gave me a scare last night. I saw blood on the kitchen floor and assumed it was from Gabe's tooth. I was a little irritated with Gabe. That is until I saw more blood. And then Jasmine says, "Gabe you got blood all over. Even on Benjamin." I flew into the playroom and there was blood all over. On the couch, the carpet, Benjamin's head, face, legs, hands, arms. I had no clue where he was bleeding from. I pulled him on my lap and Haeley grabbed me the wipes so I could wipe the blood off and try to find where he was bleeding from. I started at his head and I wasn't having any luck....so I looked at his mouth...nothing...it was then that I saw blood dripping on my pants from his finger. I grabbed a towel and I'm putting pressure on it but that isn't helping. It just keeps bleeding and bleeding. And the whole time he is watching a movie and not paying any attention to what was going on. He never cried once.....Long story short...He cut his finger on the lid to a black olive can. I haven't checked it yet this morning, but I may be taking him in to the doctor if it still looks iffy in a little bit...I'll keep you posted...

But for now, I need to get ready because 3 little children are missing their bus and I have to drive them to school. WHOO HOO!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh the joys of motherhood.... i love my life, but sometimes... when i hear these stories (and stories of cullin and matthew), i become jealous, in a major way. you & kelly've got "the life"... for sure...

and i love you. :)