Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Happy Anniversary

It’s been five years that we have been married now. Some days I still can’t believe it. God has blessed my life with Brad and our 5 kids. I am so thankful for my husband. Brad is wonderful. He takes care of me, makes me laugh, loves me deeply, but most importantly he has been such a wonderful spiritual leader in our house. I’m more in love with him now than when we got married.

I think back to our wedding day and the anticipation and excitement that filled me. I couldn’t believe that I was actually getting married. I don’t really think I was nervous. The only thing I was really nervous about was saying my special vows correctly. And I screwed those up and vowed before God and all of our guests that I would obey Brad. I like to think that God understands that I didn’t mean to say I would “obey” him. =) We had a beautiful wedding and I was on cloud nine.

We’ve had our ups and downs over the past five years. And it’s honestly been in this past year that I think our marriage has done the most growing. I’ve always had a problem expressing how I feel. I’ve never wanted to cry while I was talking or any of that so I would just bottle everything up. Over the past year our communication has changed drastically! We are able to talk with each other freely (most days) and I’m not afraid to say how I’m feeling. I think what had enabled this change has been openness and willingness on my part---along with a lot of prayer for God to change me. I’m so thankful for where Brad and I are now in our marriage.

I’m thankful that we’ve stuck it out and worked on our problems and loved and trusted each other enough to get through it all. I love you Bradley Scott.

No comments: