Sunday, March 15, 2009

Praises and Prayer!

I totally believe in the power or prayer. I believe that it was nothing but God's mighty hand that brought the many praises from today. At church this morning we had a new family join. There were 3 kids and the parents. I love it when we have new families, but the bigger blessing was having the opportunity to sit in with the 2 older kids (11 and 16ish) and assist Cindy in leading them down the Roman Road. These kids were so open and honest and really desiring to have that relationship with Christ. As all 4 of us held hands we prayed and both of these precious kids prayed to receive Christ as their Lord and Savior! What an amazing start to our Sunday!!!! Our Lord is so good. He continued to reign down showers of blessings today. Our pastor went and visited baby Colten and his family up at the hospital this afternoon. Baby Colten does NOT need surgery!!! He will have to stay in the hospital for about a week yet, but Praise God he doesn't have to have surgery!

And another praise...I think Justin is finally starting to get ahold of his emotions and handle himself better. We don't seem to be having as many outbursts and when we do have them he is getting quicker to apologize and make things right with everyone. This afternoon on the way to church he got mouthy and told me "Oh Whatever!" He was really snotty about how he was talking. I said, "Justin do you need to say something to me?" He said, "Yeah." I said, "Okay...are you going to say you're sorry?" He says, "No." I said, "Okay, then I'm going to pull over and wait until you have calmed down and are ready to apologize. When you are ready you let me know." So we pulled over into a parking lot and waited. We had plenty of time to spare and I was completely prepared to stay there as long as it took. I think we sat there for about 5 minutes...then I heard, "I'm sorry Mommy for talking ugly to you. Do you forgive me?" Of course I told him yes and then that I loved him. Some days are better than others with him and I'm praising God for the little victories that we are having with Justin. Okay...going to bed now...g'nite.


No comments: