Friday, March 30, 2007

Captured by Grace Devotionals Day 17

Parental Preference

 

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts.”

Isaiah 55:9

 

 

Because Harold Wilke was born without arms, he learned at an early age to trust his mother. Harold recalls sitting on the bedroom floor while trying to put on a shirt and having a very difficult time. “I was grunting and sweating, and my mother just stood there and watched. Obviously, I now realize that her arms must have been rigidly at her side; every instinct in her had wanted to reach out and do it for me.” A well-meaning friend observed the situation and questioned his mom, “‘Ida, why don’t you help that child?’ My mother responded through gritted teeth, ‘I am helping him.’”[1]

 

Sometimes our heavenly Father deals with us in a similar way. Perhaps He has said no to one of your most heartfelt requests, or He allowed you to go through a painful situation. As the ultimate parent, God’s answers always have a loving purpose. He only gives us what’s good for us. He tries to prepare us to have faith and go out on our own to face challenges. Trust Him today.

 

 

Heavenly Father, I’m so thankful to have You watch over me.

Recommended Reading: Isaiah 55:6-13

 



No comments: