Friday, January 02, 2009

Baking 101

Okay so I really would love to be "Mrs. Smith" but it's just not possible. Me and baking don't mesh all that well. Take this latest project. Yesterday I got a hair up my rear to make cinnamon rolls. I followed the recipe to the "T" and then popped them in the fridge with air tight saran wrap on them. I pulled them out this morning as the oven was preheating and then put them in the oven, made the glaze and waited. I could smell the cinnamon rolls and as I opened the oven they looked wonderful, but a little dry. hrmf. I put the glaze on and then finished up the eggs and sausage, prepared the plates and away I went. I caught Brad as he was coming downstairs and we came into the kitchen to eat.

The eggs were great. The sausage....I'm going to have to blame it on the brand this time. I've never butchered sausage. Never. These were the already made just pop in the microwave and cook sausages. They tasted rubbery. They were not eaten. Next the cinnamon rolls. I just don't get it. I really don't. They tasted dense and more like bread with a "fancy" topping. It just wasn't what I had hoped for. I have found a new recipe that I am going to try though and after this if I can't make it work I will no longer try to domesticate myself. It's too tiring and disappointing. :( Better luck next time I suppose.

No comments: