Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Snow...

It's been snowing off and on the past couple days...our latest weather update says that accumulations are to be expected in the 1-3" range. With 3" being north of us. I really don't like the snow. I think it's pretty, but I don't like driving in it and I don't like how messy it makes my house! The kids will want to go out in it and after I get them all bundled up they spend maybe 15 minutes outside and then they are ready to come in. Shivering, they take off the gloves, boots, coats, and snow pants. They get dropped by the backdoor and sit in a puddle of melted snow until I go over and clean it up. But as they stand there with their teeth chattering I hear, "Mommy? Can we please have some hot chocolate?" And as every good June Cleaver mother, I oblige and quickly prepare some nice "warm" chocolate and a plate of chocolate chip cookies fresh from the oven!

Okay, reality check---the hot chocolate, yes. The chocolate chip cookies? Not so much. Although, maybe today I'll not allow history to repeat itself and I'll actually make them those chocolate chip cookies to go with the hot chocolate.

It's supposed to get COLD tomorrow and stay there for a couple days.. The weather man has said that our highs will be in the single digits and we can expect some below zero temps. BRRRR!!!! I guess if I'm going to let them play in the snow, today would be the day. It is still cold out today. Right now it's all of 16 degrees out and quite chilly. But right now we are all nice and warm in our house. My boys are down in the playroom with their matching fleece jammies playing G.I. Joes. The girls are reading, breakfast is almost done in the oven and life is good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't envy your 2 degrees that I saw you were having on the news. But I am jealous that you're getting snow. That's the 1 thing I miss about living in northern Virginia! Stay warm and enjoy those cookies.=)

P.S. We don't know the sex of the baby yet but we're hoping to find out in a few weeks.