Thursday, October 13, 2011

E-Women Lynchburg

This past weekend, Melissa and I had our much awaited Women's Conference.  We drove to Roanoke to visit with our MIL a little before we headed back out to the conference.  I've been to Beth Moore Conferences before and the Indiana SBCV has put on several conferences and I was expecting something like one of those.  That was *not* what I experienced at this conference.

The theme this year is Everlasting Hope and this year's verses were taken from Isaiah 40:28-31.  "Do you not know?  Have you not heard?  The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth.  He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.  He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.  Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble fall; but those who HOPE IN THE LORD WILL RENEW THEIR STRENGTH.  THEY WILL SOAR ON WINGS LIKE EAGLES; THEY WILL RUN AND NOT GROW WEARY, THEY WILL WALK AND NOT BE FAINT."  (Pardon the caps, but those parts really spoke to me.)

We had speakers and music that put this tender heart through the wringer.  :)  We had stories of complete tragedy and then the hope in the Lord that brought healing.  Julie Clinton was the conference host.  Our speakers were: Carol Kent, Lysa TerKeurst, Donna VanLiere, Jennifer Rothschild, and Sarah Palin.  Each of this women has had something/s tragic happen in their life that has made them sit back and evaluate where their Faith lies.  Carol Kent talked to us about James 1:2 (which is one of my all time favorite verses) and gave me quite a bit to think about.  Gosh, I wish I could get into what all of these speakers said, but it would take forever.  :)

I'll try over the next couple weeks to share what each of them shared that made me think.  :) :)  I think the biggest thing that I left the conference with was knowing that I have not been putting the Lord first in my life.  I've gotten upset and irritated with the way things are going in my life and I have allowed myself to distance myself from my personal walk.  I still go to church, and sing songs of worship...but I've not wanted to really talk with Him because I'm mad.  Mad might be too strong of a word.  I think the better word is heartbroken.  I'm heartbroken because of where it looks like our lives are headed.  (More on that later.)

Please join us in prayer that in this season of our life that we would allow the Lord to be glorified.  And please pray that I would desire to seek the Lord daily.  Thanks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you, my friend!