Thursday, October 13, 2011

Stop and smell the Roses



The past couple weeks have been CRAZY!  It's been a good crazy, but crazy nonetheless.  :)  Monday I had my 5 kiddos and my 2 nieces to homeschool by my lonesome.  Usually my SIL is here and she is a lifesaver because she's pretty much taken over the 2nd grade.  But Monday she was in Roanoke with our MIL.  And if you know anything about it me you know that I don't let seemingly impossible tasks keep me down.  That's how I found myself going ahead and starting school at 8:30 Monday morning.

By about 10ish I was ready to pull my hair out.  It was all me and everyone needed me at the same time.  I gave everyone something to do and decided to take a little breather.  As I was walking around my house I saw one single solitary rose on our rose bush.  I went over and inhaled the most beautiful scent I think I ever have in my life.  I was instantly calmed downed and refreshed.

I look at how many times I run, run, run and do not take the time to stop and "smell the roses".  How often I ignore the beauty that God has placed right before me.  He knows the little things that help me get through the tough times and He lovingly places them before me and waits to see if I'm paying enough attention to Him.  I know I have a terrible habit of trying to do it all on my own without going to Him to help me through it.

No comments: